Massage therapy goes hand-in-hand with physical therapy. There are numerous benefits of massage that can complement any physical therapy program, or be a program on its own.
There are many therapeutic modalities of massage therapy, such as: Deep Tissue, Sports Massage, Trigger Point, Swedish, many different types of energy work, and more! Each modality is customized to fit the patient's needs and can be beneficial in any situation; whether it is therapeutic, relaxing, or both. Receiving massage consistently may provide ample support for your health and preventative maintenance. Some benefits of massage include:
- Relieve chronic pain
- Aid in rehabilitation of post-injury or surgery
- Decrease muscular tension and discomfort
- Improve range of motion
- Help athletes (of any level) to prepare for or recover from strenuous activity
- Alleviate repetitive stress injuries
- Promote better posture
- Increase circulation which leads to healthier tissue, which is less injury prone
- Reduce stress and anxiety
- Maximize alertness
- Strengthen the immune system and lymphatic flow
"The way to health is an aromatic bath and a scented massage daily" - Hippocrates
- Deep Tissue
- Sports Massage
- Trigger Point
- Pre-Natal and Peri-Natal
Does Insurance cover massage?
The services of a massage therapist may be reimbursed by a flexible spending benefit account that you have set up through your employer. Unfortunately, we cannot bill your insurance carrier directly for massage therapy. We will be happy to provide documentation with receipt of the service so you may submit for reimbursement.
Rehab Specialists' licensed massage therapist in Portage has extensive experience with clients who have musculoskeletal and neurological conditions and coordinate care with team physical therapists.
- $65 for one hour and $40 for half hour
- Gift certificates available. Please call for monthly specials.
Monday - 8:00am-10:00am
Tues - 8:00am-10:00 am and 1:00pm-6:00pm
Wed - 8:00am-10:00am
Thurs - 8:00am-10:00am and 1:00pm-6:00pm
Fri - 8:00am-10:00am
Every other Saturday - 10:00am-1:30pm